Our clients come to us for a variety of reasons, but often because they are preparing for, or going through, a major life transition. Changes such as divorce, retirement, losing a loved one, or changing jobs, often involve important financial decisions. At these times having a knowledgeable and caring financial professional by your side to provide trustworthy, independent advice can make it easier to make decisions and move forward with confidence and peace of mind.
Many of our clients are women going through these types of transitions. They are comfortable with our collaborative, non-judgmental, approach and our commitment to sharing our knowledge and empowering our clients. It is estimated that 80%- 90% of women will be solely responsible for their finances at some point in their lives, however, in a survey of widows, many women felt less confident about their finances following the death of their spouse / partner. Many of these women also felt that working with a professional financial advisor would help them feel more confident.1
If you are asking yourself any of the following questions, we can help:
- How do I get through my divorce and move forward financially? Does it matter how the assets are divided up?
- My spouse took care of all the finances; now that they are gone, what do I do?
- Am I saving enough to retire when I want to?
- If I retired tomorrow, how much income would I have to spend?
- Am I saving enough for my child’s education?
- Are my investments too risky? Are they working hard enough for me?
- I see so much in the media about the markets going up and down, what should I be doing with my money?
- What should I do to minimize the taxes I pay on my earnings and investment income?
- Can I afford to change careers or start a business?
- What should I do with my inheritance?
- Should I use surplus income to pay off my debt or save it instead?
- Is my family protected if something happens to me?
- How do I make sure my family gets as much of my wealth when I’m gone as possible?
Our most effective and enduring relationships are partnerships with clients who are open-minded, receptive to our advice, and ready to take action to improve their financial lives.